A while back I spoke with Phillip Klien from Predicta about behavioral targeting tool BTBuckets. At the end of our interview he mentioned their new project called 'SiteApps'. It's an amazing free tag management solution with a marketplace, filled with useful apps for every website. We decided to build a Joomla plugin for SiteApps, to make it even easier to bring the power of SiteApps to your Joomla website. By adding SiteApps to your Joomla website, you are opening the door to some really cool new functionalities for your website.
Analytics for Joomla Blog
Google has been preaching about the value of speedy loading times for a few years now. Google offers products like Pagespeed to check the loading time of your pages and also allows you to track loading times with Google Analytics. Unfortunately, the need for speed wasn't part of the programming of the Google Plus One button. Every time you loaded a page with a +One button on it, the button was always one the last items to load. Luckily Google now practises what it preaches.
In the past we have made a bunch of tweaks to existing plugins and components. We did this because we wanted to track their effectiveness in Google Analytics. Just have a look at our previous blogposts about tracking the standard Joomla contact form with Google Analytics, or our instruction to track comments in Jcomments. One of our favorite Joomla extensions is next: Joomla Tags. We use it on our website to add tags to link to related posts. We believe an update was required to add some social media buttons. We also wanted to add Google Analytics event tracking to track the clicks on the tags.
Google Analytics has just announced a new set of reports (and functionality) that will enable websites to track social interaction with their content. This comes as a welcomed addition to the new Google+1 button, as it now enables one to measure the impact of social interactions in and outside websites.
Google Analytics social engagement tracking compares the impact of different types of social actions on your website. It not only tracks +1s, but it also tracks Twitter tweets, Facebook Likes, Facebook Sends and other social actions.
- Tracking Joomla contact forms in Google Analytics
- Joomla Feedback Extension
- Tracking comments in Jcomments with Google Analytics
- Personyze on-site behavioral targeting: an interview with VP Danny Hen
- Adding author markup to Joomla blogposts
- Behavioral targeting with Reedge: an interview with CEO Dennis van der Heijden
- Behavioral targeting and BTBuckets - an interview with Phillip Klien
- Three low-budget tools for onsite behavioral targeting
- Reedge personalization tool officially launched
- Google Analytics error tracking for Joomla
- New feature: Google Analytics loadtime tracking
- Jomsocial + web analytics = ultimate user insights
- Event Tracking goals in Google Analytics
- Google +1 button for Joomla (plugin available)
- Plot rows in Google Analytics
- Tracking Youtube videos with Google Analytics
- User segmentation with web analytics tools in Joomla
- Facebook Like button tracking in Joomla
- How to install a plugin in joomla 1.6
- Protect privacy with Anonymize IP in Google Analytics
- Google Analytics plugin for Joomla 1.6 Launched
- Verfication Google Webmaster Tools for Joomla
- Setting up subdomain tracking in Google Analytics for Joomla
- Google Remarketing in Joomla