Behavioral targeting is a technique used to increase the effectiveness of websites and increase conversions. Behavioral targeting uses information collected on an individual's web-browsing behavior, such as the pages they have visited or the searches they have made, to select which advertisements to display to that individual.
Usually online marketers start analyzing user behavior with web analytics tools to segment specific users types. Once you know how many different users behave on your website, it is useful to adjust your website based on their needs. In the past few years onsite behavioral targeting has become very popular with online marketers. Analytics for Joomla has developed three Joomla plugins for tools that can help you customize a Joomla website to your visitor’s specific needs.
These three onsite behavioral targeting tools have a few things in common:
- We offer the official plugins for easy integration in your Joomla website
- Economically priced
- Easy to use, if you are just using the basic functionalities
BTBuckets is possibly the most famous onsite behavioral targeting tool currently available. Here are some of its major features:
- Segmentation based on traffic source, certain defined events on the website, IP location, etc.
- It is possible to combine many different types of segments, to make the segments even more flexible.
- Integration with other tools like Google Analytics, Google Remarketing and social media
- Costs: BTBuckets is a free tool (up to 5 million pageviews)
Get the BTBuckets plugin for Joomla
Reedge offers a complete package of tools which combines web analytics insights with a/b testing functionalities, usability testing and onsite behavioral targeting.
Listed are some of Reedge’s onsite behavioral targeting functionalities:
- Based on a previous visit to your website, Reedge can adjust the content of a page on a returning visit
- Segmentation can be based on time on page, geographical location and browser size.
- Reedge also offers many other functionalities which make the tool perfect for many other activities for web optimization
- Costs: starts at $29USD a month
Get the Reedge plugin for Joomla
Just like Reedge , Personyze offers a complete toolset which combines many different functionalities to make website optimization possible. Besides onsite behavioral targeting Personyze also offers site analytics, a/b testing functionalities and offline tracking capabilities.
Listed are some of Personyze’s onsite behavioral targeting functionalities:
- Based on the amount of Facebook friends, the Facebook status or gender, Personyze can offer your users different content
- Personyze offers different content based on brand related keywords
- You can offer different content based on click and scrolling behavior of users.
- Costs: starts at $59USD a month
Get the Personyze plugin for Joomla
The founders will share their insights here, on Analytics for Joomla
In the next few weeks we will interview the founders of BTBuckets, Reedge and Personyze to discuss onsite behavioral targeting. We will also ask them about the development of their tool and the ways they will expand and improve the tool in the future.