Once you install one of our Tag Management pro version plugins, you will be provided with an extensive datalayer. The data is all provided to you by Joomla and is made available by the plugin in the frontend.
If you are not sure about the value of a datalayer or how this can be leveraged with a tag management solution, please check out our recommended reading section on this topic.
Below, you can learn which variables, with which definitions are currently part of the datalayer object. All of the data is currently based on the standard Joomla installation, no component specific data is collected.
- User level data
- Data for grouping pages
- Article / page related data
- Category data
- Article voting data
User level data
- User login status: Is a user logged-in or guest (variable: user_login_status)
- User id: If user is logged-in, the Joomla user ID is made available (variable: user_id)
- User registration date: Timestamp of first registration of logged-in user (variable: user_register_date)
- User last visit date: Timestamp of most recent visit date of logged-in user (variable: user_last_visit_date)
Page type data
To group pages, we are pulling data from the Joomla API to understand what type of page you are on ie. article, category, tag, login, etc. We capture this value in the datalayer variable page_type.
Article related data
When you are on the page type “article”, which is an individual article page, we add data to the datalayer for that particular article.
- Article ID. This is the unique ID related to this article in the Joomla database (variable: article_id)
- Article title. This is the slug/ part of the url of the article that represents the title of the article (variable: article_title)
- Article author ID. This is the unique ID of the author of the article. (variable: article_author_id)
- Article author name. This is the name the author of the article uses in the frontend. (variable: article_author_name)
- Article author username. The username of the author of the article. Usually obfuscated in the frontend. (variable: article_author_username)
- Article publish date. The first date the article was published. (variable: article_publish_date)
- Article modification date. The date the last version of the article was published. (variable: article_modified_date)
- Article featured. Shows if an article is featured (1) or a regular article (0). (variable: article_featured)
- Article version. The current version of the article that is visited. (variable: article_version)
On a category or individual article page, we provide information about the category.
- Category name. The name of the category you are on, or the article is added to. (variable: article_category_name)
- Category id. The unique ID of the category assigned by Joomla. (variable: article_category_id)
Article voting data
Once you enable the native voting system in Jooma (how-to here), the voting data is added to the datalayer object.
- Article voting count. Number of votes submitted to the article. (variable: article_voting_count)
- Article voting sum. The current amount of stars that have been given on average (variable: article_voting_sum)